Faculty of Traditional & Complementary Medicine
Bachelor of Homeopathic Medical Science (Hons) [BHMS(Hons)]
(PA/KA 9621) KPT(JPS)600-07/65/Jld.III(9) 06/14
About the Programme
For the first time in Malaysia, homeopathy is being offered at university level in CUCMS. This programme has been approved by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency and concordant with the Ministry of Health as well as the Malaysian Homeopathy Council.
The students will be awarded the Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine Science (Hons.) when they complete the four-year course which includes basic medical sciences and hands-on training and practical sessions. Quality homeopathic education will be provided by a panel of experienced educationists and homeopaths of international repute.
CUCMS has a holistic and integrated approach to education and to health which is very much in line with the philosophy of homeopathy that addresses the mental, spiritual and emotional domains of the student.
This fully accredited course is in line with the policies of the Malaysian Health Ministry to gradually integrate Traditional and Complementary Medicine into Medical Practice in government and private hospitals.
- • To provide education and training of quality homeopath that is recognised locally and internationally.
- • To produce holistic homeopath that has in depth knowledge, competent and good ethical value.
- • To develop and enhance research in the field of homeopathy in accordance to the world standard.
This programme has been approved by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency and concordant with the Ministry of Health as well as the Malaysian Medical Homeopathy Council. Negotiations are under way to get the course accredited internationally. A twinning program with the Endeavor University of Natural Medicine, Australia is also being planned
This fully accredited course is in line with the policies of the Malaysian Health Ministry to gradually integrate Traditional and Complementary Medicine into Medical Practice in the government and private hospitals.
Upon graduation, these young doctors are expected to become:
- • Tutors and lecturers in Universities
- • Researchers in Universities and Government T&CM units
- • Practitioners employed in government hospitals as well as private hospitals and clinics that have integrated medicine units.
- • Graduates will also find themselves highly sought after as private practitioners by those looking for quality care from well trained credible homeopaths.